Sep 2005 - Apr 2010
Honours Bachelor of Applied Science and Engineering, University of Toronto Department of Computer Science
Stacks: Node.js, NoSQL (MongoDB), SQL (MySQL + Postgres), Solr, Docker, AWS, Bash, HTML5, CSS3, PHP, XSLT
Areas: ETL, data pipelines, distributed systems, async programming, integrations, scaling, debugging
Senior Web Developer, Internal Services and Tools / Revenue Operations
September 2019 - September 2020
Stack: Vue, React (with Next.js), Express, MongoDB, Docker, AWS
- Integrated with Chargebee's billing platform to automate account creation and suspension.
- Eliminated manual processes performed by Customer Support and Sales staff.
- Integrated with Segment to provide a data analytics pipeline.
- Helped non-product stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure their needs were being met.
Senior Software Developer + Tech Lead
August 2016 - June 2019
Stack: PHP, MySQL, SOLR, Bash, Docker
- Built and maintained large scale software systems, owning them from planning through production.
- Developed a strong understanding of ETL processes and best practices for creating scalable, performant and fault-tolerant systems.
- Coordinated with multiple third party vendors to make changes to production systems.
- Maintained a holistic view of the entire software system and surfaced potential production level scaling issues to the core product team.
- Provided technical guidance and feedback to developers across the entire company.
- Gathered actual requirements via large scale data-analysis of production data sets.
Senior Software Developer
May 2014 - May 2015
Stack: hapijs, Thorax (Backbone + Handlebars)
- Contributed to the hapijs family of projects.
- Worked on a large scale web application, which processes many hundreds of thousands of dollars of sales per day.
- Ironed out hard to grasp bugs that lay at the intersection of several interrelated but isolated APIs.
- Worked collaboratively with people across the United States as a remote worker.
Jan 2012 - May 2014
Stack: HTML5, CSS3, Ember
- Implemented cross-device responsive web experiences, on a broad array of devices (iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows RT, Silk, Blackberry).
- Worked closely with designers to bring concepts to life in efficient and idiomatic ways.
- Integrated many client-specific third party libraries with no documentation or support.
- Stayed informed with regards to performance and best practices as well as emergent APIs and techniques.
- Dealt with fluctuating requirements; rooted out bugs throughout all levels of the codebase.
Associate, Software Solutions
May 2010 - Dec 2010
Stack: JUnit, Selenium, Java
- Wrote and maintained testing suite for a marketing web application.
- Created unit and integration tests with JUnit.
- Developed automated front-end tests using the Selenium and WebDriver frameworks.
Programmer / Analyst
May 2007 - Aug 2008
Stack: Java, XSLT
- Performed integration testing on a large scale software system.
- Implemented enhancements and bug fixes for major components.
- Designed an XML based data transfer standard, implementing features from the Open Geospatial Consortium’s Observations & Measurements and GML standards.
- Wrote XML schemas, and an XML schema generator.